Monday, July 23, 2007

We met our girl!

We were there before we knew it. We went into a gate and down a long drive past another building and there it was. When we went in the room was MUCH smaller than I thought it would be from pictures and video. Jeff spotted her on the floor on her tummy before I did. I tried to take a few pictures then took her in my arms! She was as cute as I imagined and just as content as can be. Our experience at the orphanage was one of the best I've ever had. The nanny's there are so caring to the babies. And there are a lot of tiny ones there right now. Lukily one of the girl in our groups speaks Vietnamese and I had her ask if Paisley had ever been sick or in the hospital. She smiled and laughed and said happily no she's never been sick and is always happy. The orphanage director later asked when we were all sitting around at a table who was taking her and then laughed while saying something and making the gesture that she was very big. To me she is normal 7 month size and similar to my other 2 kids at that age. But I did have big babies. But compared to the other babies there she is big. Her outfit she had on was a 3-6 mo. but it seemed tight. I think all her clothes will be perfect! She does have some bug bites and bumps here and there and a sore looking boil on the back of her head that they said is from the heat. I'll want to have that looked at right away and put antibiotic cream on it. She still has her beautiful hair. In the back it is starting to grow back in. We were there a couple of hours and Raven even got to feed her. It was amazing how ALL the babies are on such a schedule that when it was feeding time they were getting fussy or tired. Jeff was holding a little guy that just instantly started falling asleep on his shoulder. There was a precious little blind baby there and the few older ones with disabilities. The older one in his crib laying down would laugh and laugh when we touched his belly. It was JUST heart breaking. The little girl we saw in pictures with her pearls was there without her pearls. Raven was asking where the girl in the video with the pearls was. She was in the other smaller room. Tommorrow we leave around 1:00 for a 2:00 appoinment when we get the baby. Then we're coming back to our new room their moving us into that's a beach villa and chilling out with her. Can't wait!
Joanne said we could go to Hoi An on Wednesday but can't bring the babies. I was so excited when she said we could go to the orphanage there were her boys were volunteering and we wanted to go to the silk factory and other places. But several of us don't want to leave the babies so we may just go on our own for a short while. Any suggestions on what you recommend us doing there is appreciated. Also what the heck do you do for supper at the sandy beach? all they tell us is a buffet that's 18.00 each and we just want a light snack. The outside bar/grill is always out of everything we order. Did get some snacks for the room today.
I'll post pictures in the morning and of our baby after the G&R.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!I am in tears of happiness for you all. What a long wait you have been through and finally she is with her family! Take care. My love to all-rachael

Ange said...

So glad that you had a wonderful first meeting! Keep the updates coming.

Beyonder1 said...

Yeh Brenda how wonderful! We could just FEEL the joy of that moment through your post.
I had NO idea you were going to Hoi An! If you see my girl, please give her a big hug from us all. Tra My is her name and she is 6 and Joanne knows who she is.
A beach villa sounds divine.
Linda