Saturday, July 21, 2007

All tuckered out





The photos above are from our hotel window. I've seen tons of pictures of all the bikes and moter bikes but it is just so different to actually experience it. The bikes just pull in front of everything and everyone including big buses. It is just crazy!

Ok the husband and kids could just not roll with me any longer. The kids almost fell asleep eatting a late lunch. Hubby was crabby and impatient. They went to bed at 3:30 this afternoon! They better not get up at the crack of dawn. Well it will probably be earlier than that but we have those great hotel black out blinds so that may help us sleep a long time. So they went to bed and I organized a few things. I was seriously wondering if we made the best choice bringing the kids after the way they acted today. It was not fun! I told hubby he could take both kids home with him and leave right after the G&R so baby and I could just chill out in peace! Then I went into complete panic because I cannot find the cord to get the pictures off my little sony onto my computer. I remember taking each cord and putting them in little baggies and wanting to put them all in my lap top bag. Well every other cord is there except that one. So I checked everywhere else, knowing that when I packed these cords the suitcases were already zipped up so it must be laying on my dining room floor where I was doing this. I only had a few pictures on there from Hong Kong and the plane. I'll be able to take around 400 pictures on the one sony card I have with it if I want but I did bring another camera and it's a sony but with a mega zoom so much larger. I'll just have to lug that thing around with me! Oh well! At least I brought another camera. I was just worried I wouldn't be able to get them off of there and could only take 400 shots this whole trip. Those knowing me and my photography know that just won't happen.


At dinner we ordered cheese pizza and I ordered Pho! I was so excited to try it but I have nothing to compare it to. I was suprised by all the huge chunks of onion on top and major green ones. I'm not a big onion fan so was worried it would be just an onion soup which I would hate. It had chicken and noodles in it and was great to dunk our bread into. I was so dissappointed in my mocha. I had heard vietnamese coffee is so strong so opted for mocha thinking that would help. But it was extremely watered down. It didn't even taste like espresso. I'm not sure they use milk with it either. It was very watery. And I'm so paranoid about getting sick I'm trying to be careful. We get a breakfast buffet tomorrow so I'll be curious to see what they have. The food on the plane was prepackaged discusting stuff! I have to be very careful of prepackaged items that are full of preservatives. Anyone reading this that knows my Mom please tell her we made it safely! I'll try to call her if timing works out. We signed up with Skype to call from the computer and it is really reasonable.


Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so excited that you are in Vietnam!! Hope everyone gets adjusted to the time change soon.

Mia's Mommy said...

Yay! I'm happy you made it safely and that your kids did so well on the long flight. Isn't the traffic amazing! I just love the noise of it. I'll be following right along. I hope all goes smoothly for you!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited you guys are there at last!!! This is like reliving my journey since we stayed 1 night at the Novatel too then on to the Sandy Beach. You'll love it there. I didn't have any trouble with internet access in Danang so hopefully you'll be fine.

Try pho in a few places - not all pho is created equal and it is much better in some places than others. Not long now until you meet Paisley - wow! Have a fabulous time and say hi to the rest of your travel group from me - my Mom and I are both jealous that you have your whole trip ahead - we wish we could go back!

Jennifer and Santosh said...

Hey Brenda,
We are here (we meaning Santosh and I as well as Molly and family)

I knew you would be here first but didn't realize how early you arrived.

We got in at 9:30pm. I went for a massage at the hotel. Umm - it was interesting. Definitely not for the modest.

Maybe I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow. Santosh forgot one of his cords too (to charge the video camera) so we may have to hunt one down tomorrow morning.

See you soon!!

Emily said...

thinking of you all the time!
cannot wait until you get to see miss paisley!
emily