Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day two in Vietnam

It's Monday here. I could'nt post yesterday because the internet can't be accessed here unless in lobby! We see baby Paisley in 1 hour! We'll hang out at the orphanage today and tomorrow we get her.
Sunday- kids and hubby were in much better spirts after sleeping 12 hours! We were all away at 3:30 am and waiting for breakfast buffet to start at 6! That's a first for us. Usually we're the last to arrive right before their shutting down the breakfast. Little girl is like her mom and wanted to try all different kinds of food and loved it all! I will have to post pictures of it later. All the girls working there fell in love with her and kept coming up to her and hugging her and playing with her hair. I took a picture of her with one in her traditional vietnamese dress. Now she wants one just like it. Later in the day little girl told her she liked her sparkly barrette and the girl gave it to her! Jeff and Molly and their 2-boys hung out with us at the pool. The kids all had a great time together. Our son and their oldest were skeeming on sitting by each other on the plane ride to Danang. Later Molly's husband let us out into the crazy streets. We went down all kinds of back streets and had the experience of a life time! We saw how they lived and worked and played and ate. The smells were incredible both good and bad. No way could we use a stroller around here! Our little girl fell in the first block and scraped her knee a little. Molly's husband helped a women with a baby that was begging. He took her into a store and told her to pick something out. She was very shy and unsure what to do. Her man was standing back on the street looking nervous. They looked very poor, with dirty worn clothes. She picked out formula for the baby and I couldn't stop the tears from coming! What a wake up call and an act of pure selflessness on both Jeff (molly's husband) and this women. He then talked her into getting more so they got some water and a few other items. She then was grinning from ear to ear and looking back on her man who still looked nervous. Every house has a store or shop of some kind on the lower level. Some homes were all done up with columns iron gates and just beautiful and some right next to it would be a tear down but have people living there. Our little Raven gets lots of attention every where she goes so her Dad was guarding her like a hawk!
By the time we got back to the hotel my clothes were drenched all the way through. Crazy!
We cleaned up and met the other families for our ride back to the airport and a business class flight to Danang. One couple didn't know anything about our plans at all. They told them nothing. But they were just taking in the ride and anxious to get their son. Our Paisley is the only girl! We met Santosh and Jennifer as well and are excited to get to know them all better. Molly is sweet just like we all knew she would be and her husband is the character in the family but what a great family they are and we just love their boys as well. We had lunch with them and shortly after my stomach started taking a turn for the worse. NOT GOOD! I think it may have been the vietnamese coffee I had that's served in a french press with condensed milk and then you pour it on ice. It was so good but never again. I was praying on that flight I wouldn't be sick! Ryker fell asleep instantly, comfortable all spralled out in business class. Joanne and her boys flew with us. Another crazy experience at the Sandy beach resort in Danang. NO FOOD to eat for supper. Jennifer couldn't get them to bring room service, we just wanted a little snack and all they had was 18.00 buffet. so went to outdoor bar with band and ordered chocolate cake and ice cream for kids. Jeff tried to order hamburger or hot dog and they kept saying no we don't have. So after 1/2 hr I went to find out where kids cake was and guy said no cake. I was pissed! We went back inside and I asked them, in the mean time the guy followed us from outside cafe and said I told you no cake. I marched over to cooler and pointed at the chocolate cake! Unbelievable! My kids were ready for bed and it was not a good experience! He later said sorry no charge for one piece. well the cake tasted like lemon so they didn't eat it but he ice cream was like homemade and was so good. Everyone was out by 9:00 and up again today by 6:00. Had a great breakfast here this morning and Joanne is arriving at 11:00 our time which is 11:00pm in Iowa and we are going to see the babies. I have all the gifts, her adoption book I'm having them all sign, a huge suitcase full of donations and 2 cameras and video. I'll post tomorrow if I can. Please pray for all the babies health and adjustments! Tomorrow we're moving to a beach front as well as Molly and Jeff so we all have more room. It is right on the beach I cannot wait! We leave here Thursday to go back to HCMC.
Hi to everyone and please call Mom and read this to her. I did talk to her for 2 minutes today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! You should be with your babies right about now!!! As far as the internet goes, I had no trouble getting internet in the room at the Sandy Beach. Is your computer able to connect wirelessly? Just open the network screen and click on the network that shows up there and sign on. If you don't have a wireless card in your computer ask at the front desk and see if they can give you one. I think the other person in our group had to get some kind of card or cord or something and then she got on ok too. Have fun with Paisley!!!

S. said...

Just remember no ice cubes! CAn't wait to hear about you meeting your baby!