Saturday, July 28, 2007

She is a ham

It is such an ordeal to post from here! Frustrating!
This is Paisley's first high chair. Only place here so far that has had one. Usually she is in the hotsling sweating up a storm on me but happy as can be. I can wear her in that all over town and she is just fine.
She was trying to comb her lovely hair but it just wasn't working.
Sitting with sissy in the business class lounge at the Danang airport. They fly us in style while we're here which is nice.
These matching princess shirts and skirts were a gift from Aunt Judy. Luckily she got Paisley girl the 12 mo. size! Notice the belly? It is not easy getting that mini skirt over those buddha thighs either.
She is a content as can be as long as she is out where all the action is. Or just playing on our hotel bed with her brother and her sissy. She can scream! In joy or anger if you take that bottle away. But all day today at HCMC shopping she just hung out in her sling. We got caught in the rain which was fun. Then we discovered the street the Sheraton is on with all these higher end stores. That was fun. But I really love the locally owned stores with their residence above them. We were in a jewelry store when his front sign caught on fire so he pulled the power switch and ran upstairs and out his balcony to put it out. Such fun excitement! Tonight Jeff even agreed to eat at the Pho 23 shop! That was so fun with the waiter trying to teach Jeff and Ryker how to use chop sticks and what to do with our sauce and the the goodies to put in our Pho. I have great video of it. Then Ryker was thrilled to find a couple of game boy games dirt cheap. We went to that market with all the great deals! We barely made it a 1/4 the way through because we had so many bags to carry and were all drenched in sweat. But talk about bargains! I bought traditional Vietnamese outfits for all the kids, $4.00 ea. Might not be the best quality but they'll only wear them for pictures or maybe the asian fest. Raven picked out a doll set for her birthday tomorrow. Ryker got some big heavy gold lions. I got purses, purses, and more purses! Channel, Louis V, Coach! And a couple of watches. I want to go back! I saw the same purses for double what I paid near our hotel. That is the place to shop. The kids both got a necklace. That was when we were in the van and stopped along the street somewhere and women come up to the van to sell stuff. all for their baby they say while rubbing their stomachs. It was hard to get away from all of them once we bought something! Then we bought the lonely planet vietnam tourist book from a women who said she was very hungry and kept negotiating on price when Jeff kept saying no that's too much. I really wanted the book because I left my tourist book at home and it's the frommers. There are women sitting in the streets making these banana sheets. I've heard they were good and was going to buy some on our way back but that was when the rain storm hit. Paisley is a great shopper! Raven's legs were tired pretty quick. Tomorrow Jeff and Ryker are going to the Cho Chi tunnel tour. They leave at 8:30 and get back at 1:00. So I told Raven for her birthday we would go to the spa here and have manicures and pedicures. Just us girls!
Tomorrow night I reserved a table and ordered a cake for Raven for her day. We invited all the families with us so we can celebrate. Our kids just love everyone here. One guy is also into video games so Ryker loves talking to him about that and playing them when they find a spot. And our kids love Molly and Jeff's kids. They were in our hotel room tonight because Jeff took Molly to the Dr. She has been a sick girl. First she had fever symptoms and now it has moved into her chest. Pray she gets to feeling better soon. Take that and a baby that wakes up through the night and that will take it's toll on anyone.
Hope all is well with everyone back home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she is very happy. Its wonderful everything is going so well for you all. Happy birthday Raven! Take care and god bless-Rach