Sunday, October 07, 2007

First Ear Infection And Our Girl Knows Shoes!

Ok it wasn't teething. Well she could be teething but our poor Paisley girl had her first ear infection. After 2 nights of misery, the next morning we woke up to green snot. Oh oh not a good sign. Sure enough she had a really red ear. Just one luckily. Then we deal with the yucky diapers from the medicine. Then poor Raven wakes up with a fever of 100.5 and the drama queen of the world was LETTING ME KNOW SHE DIDN"T FEEL GOOD! She thought we should go get 7-up since she got that when she was sick once before. I had to explain that she was not getting pop, she didn't have the flu but she could have orange juice. That was a fun day. But she did play pretty well in spurts by herself, then they were both on my lap. But truely the best part of all was that I could stay home with both my sick girls and not feel guilty. What I mean is thanks to my great employees at our store, this is the first time since I've had kids that I feel like I can be here for them. The times before I would be there, but feel guilty about missing work or putting something off. Why is it us Mothers go through so much guilt with our kids? Now, I get to have lunch with them at school, help with school projects, come up with fun activities and crafts. I do not want to miss any of these things again. Hopfully this will continue for the Christams Season. That may be tough with how busy the store is that time of year but I hope and pray that I can be there for the school parties, cookie making, decorating, shopping and fun cooking this Holiday.

Funny thing our little Paisley girl did today. Now I remind you she is only 9 1/2 mos. old! She is starting to crawl VERY fast. And she is so funny because she has that one leg that she kicks off with like it may make her stand up. TODAY was the first time I saw her walk around furniture! She was slowly walking around our round ottoman. She is also getting further away from us exploring the house. So tonight Jeff called me over. She was in the hallway where the kids dump their shoes. She was playing with Ryker's shoe. Then she was trying to put it on! Is she smart or what?!!! She knows where they are supposed to go! And the girl has only wore some little boots I got her a few times. Then tonight my Mom called to tell me what she saw her do today. She saw her playing with Raven's dress up/play shoes. Then she also tried to put it on her foot. How cute is that! I just love seeing her do new things everyday! She also wants to help hold the spoon when you feed her. That can be a bit messy and she will throw a little temper tantrum if you take it out of her hand. She can be a little stubborn! Why do we have so much of that in our family?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww..I hope Paisley and Raven are feeling better soon!

I'm so glad you've had this time to spend time with them. I'll have to go back to work about 9 weeks after we return, and I'm sure it will kill me!