Monday, September 11, 2006

Do we take our Son?

Sorry I haven't written much lately. My Mom has been in and out of the hospital twice this summer. She is home and feeling better now. Plus we are short staffed at our store since all the college kids went back to school. This always happens this time of year.

I wasn't thinking about taking our Son before because I thought our little 4-yr old would be real lonely without all 3-of us. But when I talked to her about it she actually sounded happy to have her Aunt and Grandma all to herself. Although she doesn't have a concept on how long we will be gone. Our Son will be almost 10 so it would be a great age. He was worried about the long flight but said it would probably be ok if he had a Nintendo DS! Right! He knows how to work us! I think it would be a great life experience for him to go. But I so worry about our little girl missing us all that I think he'll probably stay with her. I wish we didn't have to stay so long. Right now families have been averaging 18-days. That's a long time! Our 4-yr old is NOT a good traveler or I might consider taking her. But then we would also have to take someone else to help with the kids and another hotel room! That would be a huge extra chunk of $$$$. I think they would stress me out. It might be enough if the baby is sick or has attachment issues.

Our agency may have a few referrals to announce very soon! We all hope so! I think we're number 9 because someone had to stop their adoption process. Right now we're thinking our referral may come in January. Then travel is approximately 3-months later. Let's all pray for LOTS of referrals this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mia's Mommy said...

Oh, rest assured that I'm praying for LOTS of referrals this month. I can't wait to see all you waiting gals get the news of your little ones on the way!

Melissa

Brenda said...

Thanks Melissa! You're time is sooo near! I'll be following your trip. Good luck,
Brenda

Sarah said...

Brenda,
My vote is to take him. You're right, he is at the perfect age. What a once in a life time experience. Plus, he is old enough to remember the trip, and be able to share his memories with his sister of her birth country. How special is that.