Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas 08 update

Christmas 2008-

We made a lot of cookies. Why was I having such a hard time getting them to turn out this year? Was it the different oven? Was I being too impatient, or not paying that much attention to the recipe? They were either too done or not done enough! The gingerbread house we made turned out great! Raven kept going over to it and eating pieces off of it. Jeff asked what happened to one side of the roof! I even got to make ginger bread houses with the middle schoolers at Rykers school. That was fun, messy, and LOUD! I'm sure the teachers were glad it was the end of the day! The pictures of the ginger bread houses below we did NOT make. They were on display at the General store down the street from our store. It is a huge competition every year and some people really go all out!


Poor Raven missed her last day of school before break. It was just a 1/2 day but it was when they have their parties. She threw up after school the day before. She was a bit out of it. The on Christmas eve day Ryker got a bad headache and didn't feel well. He fell asleep on the couch at 6:00pm so it was just Paisley and I off to church! We had our oyster stew and potato soup with Grandma. The following picture is of Ryker and Raven that I just found from 2003!
Ryker would have been 6, the same age Raven is now, and Raven would have been 1 1/2, similar to Pais. The kids got a wii early for Christmas, they had to have it when Pais and I went to CA! So Ryker used all his Christmas money to buy Rockband 2. He also got a couple of games for the wii. Raven got hannah montana clothes, guitar, manicure gift certificate, fun black boots and other stuff I can't think of. Ryker wanted a spy car and got it but it won't go forward! Pais got a care bear, ducks for her bath, books, clothes, and a umbrella table with sand and water fun. (thinking of summer already) I got my yearly perfume bottle from victoria secrets, also a gift card from there, some books and photoshop elements which I haven't got yet so don't critique my pictures! Oh plus as my husband mentioned I also bought myself an early gift of a fun new expensive camera with fancy lens! Still trying to figure it all out! Jeff got a farmers almanac since he's obsessed with the weather. (isn't that a sign of old age?) and an 8ft inflatable herky the hawk! I think it was more for the kids and I!

The Saturday after Christmas we headed to his brother and sis in laws house. It is normally a 2 1/2 hr drive but took us 4 hours! Not even 1/2 way there we hit ice! We had heard we would hit it and it had been raining and we could see the temp drop from 35 to 25. We couldn't go much over 30 on the interstate. We were next to a semi watching it's rear trailer brakes just slide on the ice. Saw many fools flying by us to later see them in the ditch. I was praying all the way! And needed some drinks when I got there. (when are we moving to warm weather? soon!) My sis in law has a beautiful home decorated very cool. She has an orange wall in her hall bath! Then a few orange pieces to match. Very fun! Makes me want to decorate! Can't wait!

We had a couple of families over for New Year's eve and the kids all had a blast. Then it was a bowl game party on New Year's Day. We've been on vacation all week and sleeping in ! Don't want it to end.

Happy New Year to all! Did you all write your goals down? You're supposed to read them everyday and visualize them. Then write down 10 things you're grateful for. My kids and I talk about these things every night before bed. well ok not in the past few busy weeks so we need to get back on track again!

God Bless!

No comments: