Monday, December 08, 2008

California with Paisley

My Niece and her daughter. She's getting married in Costa Rica so I wanted to see her beautiful wedding dress!
cousins

Paige is same age as Ryker
CA cousins

Sisters
Aunt Judy
Twin Nieces
she loved this Ikea potty that Aunt Judy had


Fishy face!
Paisley And Taylor-Cousins
Paisley and Aunt Judy
Paisley playing... ahhh to wear a tank top and skirt in November!

Cousins Ryan and Paisley

Paisley at airport eating away

Getting a pretty haircut before trip to CA



We went to CA 11/18/08, just Pais and I. when we flew into Chicago, our flight to LA was cancelled. So we had a 3 hr layover till the next flight. She slept for a short while. Then she had a melt down with the screaming and throwing things and all. EVERYONE was staring. One guy said he’s never heard anything like that before! Lucky for him I just looked at him. She did sleep on most of the flight. She was very very wiggly the last ½ hour. By the time we got up and waited to depart the plane I was ready to leap out the first exit! She was breaking my arm off. Aunt Judy picked us up and we got into some heavy traffic. It took over an hour to drive 20 miles and Paisley cried most of the time because she was hungry. Fun! She did really well once we got to Judy’s house and fed her. Judy had a porta crib set up at the end of my bed. Pais was able to climb out of it onto the bed to cuddle with me! It took awhile to get her to calm down and sleep in her crib. THEN every morning she was back up by 5:00 which was 7:00 our time. So I had to adjust to going to bed early with her so I wasn’t so tired.

She was so cute around everyone. They would ask how old she was and she would very softly say, “One.” We had so much fun playing outside in the 80-degree weather in November. Gotta love that. She loved it when her cousins drove her around in the little motorized jeep.

Funny story…My Paisley loves Sponge Bob. Raven used to watch it in bed with us early in the morning. Well the first night we’re at Aunt Judy’s house, she turned on the tv and Paisley instantly starts yelling, “Sponge Bob!” Judy tells her that Sponge Bob went Nighty-Night. She understood and kept repeating it back to her. “Sponge Bob nighty-night?” The next morning we were getting breakfast and Judy turns on the tv. Paisley looks at her and say, “Sponge Bob nighty-night?” She got the picture that while she was at Aunt Judy’s house Sponge Bob was not waking up!

Then came the plane ride home… She had a complete melt down on the plane from LA to Dallas. We were sitting in an isle seat with two other girls in the seat next to us. They were very nice and understanding. She just needed a nap and could not calm down. She got to that complete frustrated point where you couldn’t give her anything or do anything to pacify her. Some guy actually made some yelling noise like he was imitating her! P-lease! Like that did any good. I even tried walking and bouncing with her at the front of the plane by the bathrooms. That was fun with everyone looking at me as she’s screaming! Several people offered me things to help like a banana, a bottle of water, and a deck of playing cards. I knew if we gave her any of them she would just throw them she was so mad. And when I booked this trip she didn’t throw these fits! It’s all new and not fun! When we got to Dallas she passed out in the stroller of course! She did wake up before the next flight so she could eat some pizza which she loves. And was very good on the 2hr final flight home. But by then I was exhausted and she kept wanting me to read the same books over and over to her. We did each have our own seat since the plane wasn’t booked which was nice. She kept crawling from her seat to mine and wanting the tray up and down, up and down. When she first saw the tray, she said, “movie on!”. I had to explain there was no tv like she’s spoiled with in my car.

Pais had a hard time adjusting to the schedule again once we were back home. The first couple of nights she woke up and I put her in bed with us. That made for an uncomfortable night! After a few nights and some sporadic naps I was putting her to bed in her room. I laid her down, tucked her in, and started with our kisses, see ya in the morning, I love you so much, and then out of her mouth comes, “Get. Out. Mom!” as she’s pointing to the door! Then I walk to the door and she says, “Light. Off!” ok Pais I get the picture! You’re tired and want me to leave your room! She is a funny girl.

No comments: