Monday, September 15, 2008

I was told to get my "Smarties" up!

We were all sitting around the table after dinner. My kids started talking about how they wish they were home schooled. They know two families in the area that home school, plus some kids that went to Vietnam with us, that's it. But it's funny because they will bring them up because for some reason they think life would be easier if they were home schooled. They said they could sleep in sometimes, take fun trips and not do so much home work. So this is when my dear sweet 6 yr old princess says, "you better get your smarties up Mom!" What???!!! Does she not think I'm smart enough to home school? We all laughed so hard at her for saying this but now I'm like, What? Why the heck would she say I need to get smarter? AND she IS only 6 for petes sake! I try to live up to the blond image and it has gotten me this far in life, but now I may have to dye my hair! AND I will remember this when it is college time sister! Smarties Up...... what will she come up with next?

3 comments:

Mia's Mommy said...

hmmmm...seems your kids not only have a misconception about you, but about homeschooling too! I could give them some realities so they can get their smarties up! ha! But...you could totally do homeschool. If I can, anyone can. I'm much blonder than I pay to be!

Anonymous said...

don't tell your kids but my kids totally DO sleep in, take fun trips and don't do so much work (or at least not in so much time). LOL But I am fairly FAIRLY sure you could totally handle first grade! Sheesh!!!

My stepson used to tell me he wanted to homeschool but not until he was in highschool because he wanted to be sure he basically knew it all first so he wasn't reliant on me to apparently fail at teaching him! NICE!!!

Brenda said...

Hey thanks for that vote of confidence on the first grade level there Nicki:)