Friday, June 08, 2007

The story of referral day!

Someone asked me about this the other day and pointed out the fact that I never posted the details on my blog. The day we received her referral I had both kids in my car, it was late afternoon and we were driving to dance class. I was almost there when my cell rang and our agency director asked if I was near my computer because he was sending over our referral. I barely remember getting down the next street and pulling into the parking lot in front of dance studio! I wanted to turn around and go home but thought I would leave my girl at dance and have a friend drive her home. I was shaking kinda bad and couldn't get out of the car! I get out and lock both kids in, then I unlock it and get her out and lock son in, then I get them both out and lock her dance bag in, then my friend pulls up beside us in her car and I can not seem to get back into my car to get her dance bag. It was the craziest moment! So we go in and get her ready for dance, I turn to my friend and said pray she has lots of hair! My daughter didn't have any till she was two! So my Son and I peel out of there and race home. I think by this point I had already called my husband and told him I would call him when I got home. I did learn her birthday and was very excited she was a "Sag" just like her dad! We got home and opened the email, sent it to hubby right away and opened it together. THE HAIR! YEAH! She looked adoreable and healthy! Chubby Cheeks and all! I then spent the next 3 hours printing pictures of her in all shapes and sizes and then used photo shop to add borders as my husband teased me that they were all the same picture just different borders! Oh well! They are too cute! It was a day we'll never forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! After reading it, I am praying that I get the call at home, because I'm not sure I'll be ok to drive when I get the news. Let's just say I have a little speeding problem...

Shannon said...

That is a great story! Congratulations!!