Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Just trying to keep up on things and get organized before baby here. We are still number one on the list. TET the Vietnames New Years celebration was last weekend and things shut down in Vietnam for awhile. So we've heard it there may be another delay until March. Which as fast as time is flying, is really just around the corner. I believe that God has chose the baby meant for our family and she's just not ready for us yet. Also May would be a terrible month for both my husband and I to travel so with this delay it may be June before we go and that would work out much better for both of us. So SEE things happen for a reason, and will work out for the best in the long run. With international adoption you learn patience. And you can't get frustrated with every little change or delay otherwise you will be a miserable person. Life is too short and too full of great things to "sweat the small stuff" as they say. Besides..... my little 4 1/2 yr old just asked me last night, "Mom are you a Grandma?" "No honey you and your brother would have to have kids before that can happen." "Well Mom I have good news! I've decided I DO want to have kids!" And she was all smiley and happy about this important decision at age 4 1/2! Just the other day she told her Grandma she was not getting married and she was not going to be a Mom because she is living with her Mom and Dad forever! Oh I love it when they say that! Another cute thing she expressed the other day while grocery shopping, "Mom! Dad! I've decided I'm going to work at Mom's Chocolate Shop AND I'm not just going to work there, I'm going to be the Manager! Mom's going to be the owner!" She again was so excited she had made this decision. She can carry quite the converstation for her age! I have no idea where she gets that!! Now her brother is just happy to get a new sled and spend an hour going up and down the hill in the back yard as his sister and I wave to him from the warmth of our kitchen. Between sledding, his love for Basketball and video games it's hard to get all that school work in! But I am really enjoying the times we're having together in case I'm sleep deprived with a baby soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment